Re: [Debconf-discuss] Virtualization?

On 08/01/2010 11:03 AM, Michael Schultheiss wrote:
John Goerzen wrote:
Hi folks,

One topic of interest to me is virtualization.  We've been using Xen for
awhile, and have had some issues with its state in squeeze, and are
looking at KVM.  There was a big discussion on -devel about this a few
months back.  I'd be interested in hearing what others are doing with
virtualization and where we see it heading in Debian.  Is anyone
knowledgeable about these things here, and willing to share?

I propozed a Virtualization BoF but it was rejected from the official
schedule partly due to the lack of a Debian focus in my proposal.  I
wouldn't mind scheduling an ad-hoc Virtualization session.

It sounds like there's a fair bit of support for having an on-schedule BoF about virtualization. Is it OK with The Powers That Be (TM) to do that at this date? If not, something on the ad-hoc board would still be great. Thanks for your help. (Will you go ahead and schedule something one way or other?)

-- John