Re: [Debconf-discuss] Travelling from Montréal to NY f or DebCamp10, July?26th

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:08:26 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 09:33:58AM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
>
> >The various bus options will be significantly cheaper but also take
> >longer due to traffic, and much more spartan / less comfortable.
> >MegaBus and BoltBus both have free wifi, and BoltBus also has power
> >outlets.
>
> I travelled with a WiFi+power bus from Boston to NY last spring, and it
> was so unreliable that it was useless: It worked less than a minute,
> then we had to complain to the bus driver, who rebooted the WiFi router,
> and then it worked for a minute more...  After 10 rounds of complaints
> we gave up.

I've done multiple trips in the last few months, both directions and not
experience something as bad as you did. There almost always is a few
dead-spots along the route (it is cellular data), but nothing I couldn't
handle. Maybe someone on your bus was running torrents while streaming
hulu and ruining it for everyone.

micah