Re: [Debconf-discuss] fonera

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 02:51:37AM +0200, Martín Ferrari wrote:
> I got one of the spare Foneras at dc9 and now that I got a real home,
> I was trying to use it with no luck. It's the F168, and I canot make
> it do anything. It doesn't announce itself on wlan, and on eth I only
> see a few strange arp requests like this:
>
> 02:46:14.616397 ARP, Request who-has 192.168.1.1 tell 192.168.1.1, length 46
>
> anyone know what is inside this little box?

I hope you didn't get the one I flashed. ;-)

Anyway: Just flash it with some other image.  There are instructions on
the net on how to flash openwrt.  (Basically connecting it with a cable,
waiting for the bootloader to show up, instructing it to use TFTP and
passing it an image to flash.)  It's dead easy once you find the right
page.  wiki.openwrt.org is down for me at the moment, though.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager