[Debconf-discuss] Please everybody do screenshots

Hi,

when I had my talk about usage of UDD in Debian Pure Blends the idea came
up to ask DebConf attendees to provide one screenshot per day for any
random application.  And so I'm doing now.

I hope everybody is aware about the fact that there is a service

   screenshots.debian.net

which was announced about 8 monthes ago and just needs input data.
I have no idea whether there are currently much applications using
this service but to make it attractive for developers to say of
Synaptic we need some good coverage of the applications in Debian to
make any sense.  The only existing application of this data I know
is in the tasks pages of Debian Pure Blends[2].

So what I would like to propose: Every attendee should provide one
screenshot per day to screenshots.debian.net.  I hope this will not
end in a D.O.S. attack but it could really kick the effort.  If you
wonder which package you should take screenshots from the tasks[2]
pages might be helpful because they directly link to the upload
page of the application and you see immediataly what is missing.
The Debian Edu tasks provide a lot of potential candidates for
everybody.

So please go on screenshoting to make Debian even more attractive.

Many thanks

      Andreas.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/11/msg00003.html
[2] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/ ... follow the link to a Blend of
    your choice and choose there the link tasks pages.  Once you
    selected a specific page you see some screenshots attached to the
    applications.
    Probably best coverage in Debian Junior like
    http://blends.alioth.debian.org/junior/tasks/arcade
    or things like this.

--
http://fam-tille.de