Re: [Debconf-discuss] (Mobile) IP Connectivity in Spain

On Sun, 2009-07-12 at 23:05 +0200, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:

> By chance, I found that some virtual operators (MNVO) have good plans.
>
> I chose movidata.es (provided and sold by phonehouse).
> I bought the formula with an Alcatel 3G Modem, an X200(1) at 49€. It's
> prepaid at 5€/100MB (300MB included). I'll post more data soon (short: the
> apn is "internettph")

FWIW I bought a YOIGO SIM in Barcelona which included 20 Euros prepay
for 20 Euros.  Each day I use it the charges seem to increase for a
while, up to a per day maximum of 1,20, though it's quite possible
there's some higher threshold where I might suddenly get whacked with a
whole lot more.

It worked really well for me in Barcelona where the Hotel Duc de la
Victoria wanted a ridiculous 7 euro/night for the wifi, and fortunately
everywhere else we've stayed has included it free (though it was pretty
dodgy at the Hotel America in Granada, but they're forgiven because one
should not spend too much time checking e-mail while visiting in the
Alhambra :-).

Cheers,
					Andrew.

http://andrew.mcmillan.net.nz/                     Porirua, New Zealand
Twitter: _karora                                  Phone: +64(272)DEBIAN
          You will be singled out for promotion in your work.