Re: [Debconf-discuss] Openmoko Buzz Fix Party ticket.

>> The second is I have to report back the serial numbers and country  of
>> the repaired phones to Openmoko Inc,  having this info will save to
>> have to take it by hand or at least we will have a printed grid to
>> take note of that serial number .
>
> I do not understand this one.  What has Openmoko Inc. to do here?  I
> mean, AFAIK there was no official announcement from Openmoko Inc. about
> fixing every smartphone they have sold, thus I do not see why they want
> the S/N of the repaired devices.
Openmoko supports those fix parties founding costs of organization
(trip, material, technician work. beer ... ) and assure replacement in
case of a unit is ruined during the fixing process, that's why OM inc.
wants to know how many and what units has been fixed (again just a bit
of control to keep things in order)

Regarding replacement l I have to say our Iron man has more than 70
repaired units experience and only two had to be replaced at the buzz
fix party in Barcelona at the very beginning, but  if it happens again
in the Debconf it will be automatically replaced by a new unit with
fix already applied and tested.

> This raises another question: I did not buy my FR from Tuxbrain, but
> From Pulster.de (one year ago it was more or less the only European
> distributor), thus my warranty "depends" on Pulster.de.  However, if
> Openmoko Inc. wants to know that my device has been repaired for the
> buzz problem, does this mean that my warranty is still valid?
We only cover warranty for the fix, but ask Chris Pulster directly
about it, and remember to say that Tuxbrain are who are applying the
fix , He is a very friendly distributor and we have a very good
relation.

> NB, I do not care about my warranty and I want a buzz fixed smartphone
> instead ;-)
We will be happy to make your wish real :)