Re: [Debconf-discuss] About selling OpenPGP cards in debconf9

Hi Pablo!

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 18:44:29 +0200, Pablo Castellano wrote:
> I can vaguely remember having read a message in this list (or maybe
> debconf-team?) about selling OpenPGP smartcards during DebConf9.
>
> I couldn't find that message but I have found that they were sold in
> DebConf8 and I wanted to know if we could buy them again in Cáceres as
> well.

AFAIK no one has talked about OpenPGP cards since DebConf8, where I had
some spare OpenPGP cards (with reader) to sell:

  http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20080812.211257.54e21495.en.html

> Will someone bring them? To ease it, we could begin a page in the wiki
> to know how many people are interested.

Please use the existing pages on the Debian Wiki:

  http://wiki.debian.org/Smartcards/OpenPGP
  http://wiki.debian.org/Smartcards/OpenPGP/Buying

I still have 5 of them at home (together with one SCM SCR335), but they
are version 1.x, which supports only SHA-1 and RIPEMD160:

  http://www.debian-administration.org/users/dkg/weblog/48#comment_8

I, for myself, will buy a 2.0 card, but it seems they will be available
From Kernel Concepts by July 1st, which leaves a too short period before
my departure to DebConf9.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca