Re: [Debconf-discuss] GPG keysigning?

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> Maybe we we need is a "registry" of people who are happy to cross
> sign and who can be expected to have ID/fingerprints on them for
> much of the conference and then people can exchange details as part
> of other interactions?

Perhaps it would be good enough to have the public checksum-checking
part of the keysigning party very early on in Debconf, and then do the
signing later on during meals, where there would be an opportunity for
more informal interaction to establish identity, etc. beyond the 20
seconds or so that you have during a mass keysigning.

It may also be useful to put on people's nametags some sort of
indication that they plan to participate in the keysigning so people
know whether to ask about it during meals. [It'd probably also help to
distribute people more randomly during meals.]

Don Armstrong

--
Religion is religion, however you wrap it, and like Quell says, a
preoccupation with the next world clearly signals an inability to cope