Re: [Debconf-discuss] Openstreetmap at Debconf, mapping party in Caceres, Spain (and maybe Madrid)

Blars Blarson dijo [Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 06:14:57PM -0700]:
> My talks about openstreetmap were rejected from the "Official" Debconf
> slots, but they sugested that I do an "unofficial" talk, bof, and
> mapping party.  Debconf this year is in Caceres, Spain July 24-30.
> July 24 is "open day" where talks are aimed at people less involved in
> Debian, letting them know about Debian.  Anyone can register for
> Debconf, the EU 300 fee is for a bed and meals.
>
> I've never been to spain, and don't know spanish, so I may not be the
> best person to arrange a mapping party.  When would people like to see
> it?  Early in the conference would be best if we can make maps for the
> attendees, so maybe Saturday.  (But that might be against the opening
> keynote.)  (On the other hand, it might be easier to get a room then.)

Hi,

I am interested in joining for a mapping party. Cáceres seems to be
decently covered already, but sure, we will have things to map. I am
available since July 17, and would prefer go out mapping during the
DebCamp week, but it's basically up to you (as the organizer for this
unofficial activity) to pick the best time.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23