Re: [Debconf-discuss] How to get the "web" rate for Madrid → Caceres (and back) trains

Hi,

At Mon, 1 Jun 2009 19:51:38 +0200,
Christian Perrier wrote:
> And now, as of today, booking is opened for July 31th, for the 9:25
> Talgo train. So, at least for those of you who want to use the Talgo
> trains, you can book your seats. Booking in advance is the only way to
> get the best fare (the "Web" fare), so if you're sure of your
> schedule, just do it..:-)

<snip>

> Choose your payment mode. Very probably "Tarjeta de credito". It's
> unfortunately not mentioned which ones are accepted. To my experience,
> VISA is OK, Amex is not. You can guess that MasterCard is probably OK
> as well.

Yes, I got Talgo ticket by my MasterCard.

> Click "Continuar" (this is where it fails with Konqueror)
>
> Depending on your credit card and bank, there might be an extra
> validity check (I have this with my bank...), then you get a summary
> page and (if your browser accepts popups), you ticket in PDF.

I heard a tip from my friend lived in Spain.
You'd better do these procedure on Spanish workday.

> You can also print the ticket by clicking on "Imprimir Billetes" on
> the summary page. YOU MUST DO THIS. The printed ticket is the only
> ticket you'll get. Don't forget it (and don't forget your ID...:-))

Strangely, printing from my Windows Acrobat Reader dropped most
characters of the ticket. Debian Evince+CUPS worked well :)

I noticed there was 'Coche' (coach in English?) number in the ticket.
Because I bought it for only myself, I'm bit worry that I couldn't
be with my friends (I hope I can change it at the station).

See you there!

Thanks,
--
Kenshi Muto