Re: [Debconf-discuss] Train Madrid → Caceres

+++ Joachim Breitner [2009-05-24 15:22 +0200]:
> Hi,
>
> Am Sonntag, den 24.05.2009, 15:04 +0200 schrieb Holger Levsen:
> > On Sonntag, 24. Mai 2009, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > > * I will arrive with the night train at 9:10 at MADRID CHAMARTIN. Is a
> > > train leaving from MADRID-PUERTA DE ATOCHA at 09:55 possible and safe to
> > > catch?
> >
> > I dont think its possible nicely, esp. if you dont know the stations etc.
> > Maybe you *could* make it with running from train to subway and train and
> > luck or with a taxi, but not really.

We are hoping that we can make this connection. Ths subway site says
this trip takes 20 minutes. I think that gives us a fighting chance. A
back-up plan would be smart.

> I wonder if Ian Jackson, Wookey, Nick Bane, Daniel Glassey are aware of
> this, according to
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Debconf9/Travel/TrainBooking they are
> trying to do exactly that. Is anyone of you reading this?

We are (well I am and IWJ is). The mystery of the missing train is
currently being put down to not being available yet. If it remains not
available for too long we'll give up and presumably go by bus.
Returning on Friday has similar questions arising.

IWJ has looked at this in more detail than me. And Miriam Ruiz posted
some useful info recently on how to get the best prices whilst still
using the site mostly in English.

I asumme we can work this out between us. Somone phoning up renfe and
asking might be useful.

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  iEndian - Balloonboard - Toby Churchill - Emdebian
http://wookware.org/