Re: [Debconf-discuss] OpenMoko Freerunner phones discounted for DebConf attendees

>I suspect there's a stylus, too, right?

When you follow the links it will take you to the ordering site where
you will find out that the

"buzz-free" Openmoko Neo Freerunner phone (A7)"

actually includes:

Power charger 220-110V,a stylus , USB cable for data transfer and
battery as well as the phone.  The page also says that it includes a
512 uSD card, but I believe that the inclusion of the 512 uSD card is in
error, and I will check into it.

This special offer adds to that package:

o an additional battery
o a headset
o a debug board (useful for certain types of programming, particularly
in the kernel)

The debug board alone normally costs 100 USD.

>How about the long TTFF problem? Are these free of the issue via the
>hardware fix, or do they use the SW workaround?

>http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GPS_Problems

The above link states that:

>It seems that in the newer version of the hardware, a compensating
>capacitor is now present.

Since this phone is of a brand-new design, even newer than the "newer
versions of the hardware" and "This rework is done on all the new
fabricated Neo FreeRunners", so I assume that they did not retrograde
the design.

md