Re: [Debconf-discuss] Barajas to Atocha Renfe - which way and how long?

Quoting Moray Allan (moray@sermisy.org):
> When I ask the search on http://www.metromadrid.es/ for a route, they
> currently give
>
> Tiempo Estimado: 0 h. 48 min. 12 sg.
>
> Salida de metro de Aeropuerto T1 T2 T3, Línea 8

But Eddy will arrive in T4 as he said. Contrary to what I just wrote,
I think this is the terminal that does *not* have any metro station
(please check, I have no Barajas map handy to check this) so the
travel time must also include transfer from T4 to the metro station.

> When I searched earlier today they were giving me a different route,
> going by line 6 then changing at Pacifico to get to Atoche.  I don't
> know what was different then for it to change -- maybe the system knows
> the current status of the different lines and changes its answers based
> on that?

I would suggest relying on the advice of someone actually living in
Madrid to define a route (preferrably only one) and then mention it on
the wiki.

Also, having the wiki showing pictures of the key points at the
airport/metro/train stations might be very helpful for
attendees. Helsinki Debconf web site is the reference in my opinion,
for this. IIRC, last year's wiki also had very good and handy
information.