Re: [Debconf-discuss] Barajas to Atocha Renfe - which way and how long?

Hi,

On Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2009, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
> They always overcharge around airports, probably because usually they are
> on remote sites. Is this airport ticket something I should know beforehand,
> or even if you want you can't miss it? I mean, do I have to ask for such a
> ticket or will I be charged from the get go and don't have to do some extra
> step to be on the legal side of the law?

When you enter the metro from the airport (at t1/t2(/t3) or at t4), there are
vending machines to buy metro tickets. they take euro coins and notes as well
as credit cards. the gui pf those machines is available in spanish, english
and french, maybe german too (lo que se...), but definitly working english.
they also make it pretty clear that you need to buy this extra ticket too.
(You will get one physical ticket.) Then there gates, which will open after
you inserted the ticket, provided its valid. (If the ticket is invalid or
doesnt have the right tickets on it, ie you can also buy a 10-ride ticket and
not charge it with the extra airport ticket, than those gates at the airport
will stay closed.)

There are also helpful people at helpdisks (at t1/2 and t4) in case of
problems. Also, its a system which checks the tickets _before_ you use it. So
if you fail entering and ask, those people will be friendly, as you are
obviously a troubled foreigner wanting to become a customer :-)

if you want to be really really really well prepared, take 4 euros in coins
with you. Approximatly 95% of the times, coins just work (and you need 2
euros), and sometimes they dont. Creditcards or notes might be more
troublesome, but then, I never had troubles with 10 or 20 euro notes in
Madrids subway. I had in Hamburg (though I've used that more often..) :)

dont worry, be happy,
	Holger