Re: [Debconf-discuss] Anyone had success with tgv-europe.de?

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 10.05.2009, 13:58 +0100 schrieb Wookey:
> +++ Christian Perrier [2009-05-10 09:00 +0200]:
> > Quoting Joachim Breitner (nomeata@debian.org):
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I’m trying to book the night train Paris → Madrid via
> > > http://www.tgv-europe.de/
>
> > My guess is that there is no Prem's fare left for July 31st and this
> > is badly detected by the crappy voyages-sncf.com web site
>
> > As a consequence, the only thing I have been able to "book", finally,
> > is a whole trip costing about EUR260,
>
> On http://www.raileurope.co.uk/ the cheapest tickets (£81 (which is
> close to EUR88)) are still available both ways (I just checked). i.e
> £162 both ways (EUR180)
>
> Buy them there. (or phone bahn.de)

Too late. Worried by Christian’s correct observation, and the fact that
yesterday evening, the 88€ fare for going there was available and then
stopped to be available, I just booked my ticket via tgv-europe.de. 128€
each way now – at least a geeky number.

So is anyone else going on the 15th or returning on the 31th? I put my
seat numbers on
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Debconf9/Travel/TrainBooking, maybe we sit
nearby :-)

I’m also having a few extra hours in Paris either way, so one could meet
early somewhere.

I just hope that booking the last part of the journey will be a bit more
sane...

Greetings,
Joachim
--