Re: [Debconf-discuss] DebConf10 to take place in New York City, USA

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 01:14:14PM -0500, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> > though certain convenience/food stores include the tax in the
> > price for efficiency's sake.
>
> Heh, must be a New York thing.

Happens in CA too... though our laws are also weird in that
non-prepared foods (and locally prepared foods for consumption by
students) are not taxed.

You can also avoid sales tax by having items shipped, though you're
supposed to pay the sales tax in the locality you have them shipped
to. [And it's probably not terribly useful to have them shipped out of
the US.]

Don Armstrong

--
We cast this message into the cosmos. [...] We are trying to survive
our time so we may live into yours. We hope some day, having solved