Re: [Debconf-discuss] DebConf10 to take place in New York City, USA

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 02:10:47PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, Jose Antonio Recio wrote:
> > I hope not steal our computers and our lives
> Don't bring a laptop.  Instead, buy a new one in the USA (it is often the
> best place to buy new hardware, anyway).  That's what I plan to do if I do
> decide to attend.

Apart from it being very costly as a general advise, please be sure to clear
customs when you return (i.e. passing through the red instead of the green
line).  At least in Europe you need to pay VAT and customs for things buyed
outside the European Union.[*]

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern

[*] I am still wondering, though, if one would need to pay VAT for such
things in the US, if that could be exempted and what the process for
that is.
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Release Assistant