Re: [Debconf-discuss] Bus/train from Buenos Aires downtown to MDQ, and hotel checkin

Hola Margarita,

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 10:43:56AM -0300, Margarita Manterola wrote:

> > - Is it sufficient to buy a ticket one or two days in advance when
> >   arriving in BA?  If not, what shall we do to reserve in advance?
>
> Yes, it's sufficient. There are so many frequencies going to MDQ that you
> can even try to buy it just before leaving, but you might not be able to
> choose the times you would prefer.
>
> > - Any recommendations which bus operator to choose?
>
> El rápido argentino - "Suite".  These buses are extremely confortable, they
> are the most expensive, but the bus is definitely worth it, the trip costs
> $82 (27 USD, 17 EUR).

thanks for your prompt answer. With the name of that bus company I found the
following link that might be helpful:

http://www.omnilineas.com/argentina/bus/retiro/mar-del-plata/

(though I will follow your advice and buy my ticket directly at Retiro).

Is the checkin counter of the hotel (I will stay at the Dora hotel) open
all night, or do we have to arrive by a specific time?

Cheers -Ralf.
--
Ralf Treinen
Laboratoire Preuves, Programmes et Systèmes