Re: [Debconf-discuss] ATMs and money in Argentina

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 04:48:39AM -0300, Dario Rapisardi said:
> 2008/7/29 Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org>:
> > Hi,

> >> For the record, I have a debit card from Spain which supposedly has a
> >> $300 limit (it used to be $500 last year). However, nothing prevents
> >> me from extracting $300 several times in the same day, or even without
> >> taking the card off the ATM (you take off $300, it asks you "do you
> >> want to make another transaction?" -> Yes! -> another withdrawal,
> >> etc). The only upper limit I was able to find was $3000.
> >>
> >> A friend of mine from Colombia also had the $300 limit, and he also
> >> worked around it with the "multiple withdrawal" hack.
> >
> > you are talking about Debit card – does the problem also exist for
> > Credit cards?
> >
> > In particular, with my MasterCard, I have to pay no fee if I withdraw
> > more than 100€ (so more than 500 Pesos) – how are my chances of finding
> > an ATM that allows me that?
>
> I cannot tell. My friend from Colombia was using a VISA credit card,
> and mine is a VISA debit card. We both had the 300 pesos limit, but as
> someone around here said, your mileage may vary. Perhaps someone with
> a Master Card already tried that.

I took out ARS 390 last ight from an ATM at the airport with a UK debit
card.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Euch ist bekannt, was wir beduerfen;    |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | Wir wollen stark Getraenke schluerfen.  |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | -- Goethe, "Faust"                      |