Re: [Debconf-discuss] ATMs and money in Argentina

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008, W. Martin Borgert wrote:

As has been pointed out before: Some people have to pay some EUR
per transaction! I suspect, that the banks established the new
limit just for this purpose. Sometimes credit cards, such as
VISA, may function w/o transaction fee.

I do not know about Argentina, but when traveling in Europe I
noticed that actually VISA costs extra fee but my "EC card"
(Maestro??) worked without fee always.  I guess there is no other
way to find this out than verifying your bank account at home and
come back to Argentina later with better knowledge what might
be the cheaper option.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--