Re: [Debconf-discuss] ATMs and money in Argentina

Hi people,

 On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 04:39:15PM +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
>Just FYI: Since this year, many (all?) foreigners don't get more
>than 600$..650$ (moon phase?) from ATMs (= 120..130 EUR or
>200..215 U$S). Last year, problem did not exist. (AFAIK, Swiss
>embassy asked for an explanation and the banks replied, it's a
>government order, while the government said, the banks are the
>culprits or something like that.)

For the record, I have a debit card from Spain which supposedly has a
$300 limit (it used to be $500 last year). However, nothing prevents
me from extracting $300 several times in the same day, or even without
taking the card off the ATM (you take off $300, it asks you "do you
want to make another transaction?" -> Yes! -> another withdrawal,
etc). The only upper limit I was able to find was $3000.

A friend of mine from Colombia also had the $300 limit, and he also
worked around it with the "multiple withdrawal" hack.

Just in case, you can try if it works for you.