Re: [Debconf-discuss] Debconf8 logo contest is over

Patty Langasek <harmoney@dodds.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 05:13:56AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> > One has to register as an artist to vote on any art?  Insane!
> > Can someone import the posts from the list, please?
>
> I fail to see how this is such a problem. Surely if you have time to look at
> all the logos to be able to vote for them, you would have the time to
> register a username and password and click on a button. It's not hard, and
> it's silly to insist someone else do *extra* work so you don't have to
> register. Insane!

Firstly, how does an ordinary user know they need to register *as an
artist* in order merely to vote?  Seems like a wording mistake at best.

Secondly, there are the other user interface problems mentioned by
others earlier in this thread.  Compare to the ease of email votes.

Finally, who's insisting someone else does extra work?  I only asked
if someone can import them - I thought there might be an admin
interface allowing vote uploads.

Hope that explains,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.