[Debconf-discuss] On depositing traveler cheques

Hi all!

A quick note on the taveler cheques used for travel cost refunds. I
tried to deposit mine at my local bank today and that wasn't made easy
so I thought I'd share my experiences with you, so you don't have to
jump through the same hoops/are not talked into being wrong when you are
actually right.

1) (At least in Germany and I think in the other countries too)
depositing traveler cheques is FREE OF CHARGE. There seems to be a
common misconception that it costs between 5-7 Euros to handle them if
the cheques weren't issued at that particular bank. That's not true
though. If you are a customer of that bank they have to deposit those
checks to you account there for free. If they refuse, have them call a
supervisor or simply try another branch.

2) The bank's employee might also refuse to accept the cheque since it's
already signed twice. That is okay, the passport number on the back
makes up for that. Again, if the refuse to accept it, they're wrong.

Hth,
Meike
--
                                                ___   ___