Re: [Debconf-discuss] Music / other hobbies

Wouter Verhelst dijo [Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 03:24:46PM +0100]:
> > Oh no, this will degenerate into the kind of band that was made famous
> > during our Helsinki stay?
>
> Heh. I hope not :-)

In the communist Scotland, the audience plays you!

> > Will we have live orchestras easing the environment in the hacklabs?
> > Wouter, it would be a _great_ inspiration to have you playing on the
> > stage of the current hacklab!
>
> I prefer not to do that. The flute can be a rather loud instrument at
> times, and I know from experience that the sound is painful for some
> people; it also is distracting if you're trying to concentrate on
> something. The hacklab is not supposed to be a concert hall, I guess.

I understand your humanitarian reasons. Thanks, it is appreciated. Too
many distractions at once as it stands now :)

> However, if you want to hear me play, I've been making it a bit of a
> habit now to rehearse about an hour every day after dinner in one of the
> rooms one level below the hacklab. If you're interested...

Ok, I think that announcing habits is the right way to go :) I'll try
to go jogging every day (but expect to do so maybe every second day),
for 30-50 minutes. It is enough time to go +- from the hostel to the
castle entrance twice or three times (that's what I did yesterday), or
I expect a quick run to the base of Holyrood/meadows... Expect me to
leave the hostel between 8 and 9 AM - Welcome to join :)

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23