Re: [Debconf-discuss] Cheese and Wine BoF

David Moreno Garza <damog@ciencias.unam.mx> wrote:
> MJ Ray wrote:
> >   A. Any milk products [...] are banned from all other countries.
> >
> > Also, does a party count as personal use or not?
>
> Then I guess it will only be a World Wine & European cheese party.

Unless there's a good cheese importer nearby.  That could still be
good, as visitors will know their region's cheeses better than us.

Someone suggested to me that there are restrictions on wine imports
too.  I've been looking and I think bringing 2 litres per person
from outside the EU is fine in the green channel:
http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_PROD_010220&propertyType=document
and 90 litres from inside the EU should be OK in the blue channel:
http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_PROD_010221&propertyType=document#P13_1332

More than that and alcohol duty may be paid in the red channel at the
rates shown in
http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageExcise_InfoGuides&propertyType=document&id=HMCE_PROD1_027236

Hope that helps,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.