Re: [Debconf-discuss] Cheese and Wine BoF: reminder

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 02:43:22PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> As already announced a few weeks ago, the now traditional Cheese and
> Wine BoF will be held during the DebConf week.

> Please add your contributions to
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf7/CheeseWineBoF and let's have a
> great Cheese Party.

Before committing to bringing cheese into Scotland, please be sure to look
up regulations on whether or not such import is legal. MJ Ray helpfully
(sigh) pointed out legal considerations, and I have had to retract my offer
to bring the white cheddar that was quite popular last year.

The regulation in question can be found at:
http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/illegali/topics/faq.htm#14

(thank you, MJ Ray)

I must admit I'm disappointed, as I'm sure others will be, but, asi es la
vida. Worst case, we can find some cheese shops local and rely on EU
participants to bring us yummy cheeses (hint hint Italians hint hint
parmesean hint hint). =D

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski