Re: [Debconf-discuss] Call for keys for keysigning in Edinburgh during DebConf7

martin f krafft:
> > Yes, it is inconvenient. Although you can carry a photocopy of it, it'd
> > depend on people accepting to sign your key with such a document.
> > In my case, I wouldn't sign someone's key who show me only a photocopy
> > of some ID.
>
> And I might sign your key if we get to know each other, even without
> a passport.

Yes, but that is not always the case, of course. It's not always the
case where you can recognize a person so easily that you don't need
someone's passport or any other document (because you have shared enough
time with that person that you don't need any government to tell you
that that person is the one who says he/she is or for any other similar
reason, such as previous keysigning).

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@ciencias.unam.mx> | http://www.damog.net/
 Just another Perl monger.