Re: [Debconf-discuss] Help: Edinburgh - London before 1pm?

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 12:47 +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> I just bought my return ticket from London to Germany. Because of
> limited availability (and because I should have done that on saturday),
> I have to take the Eurostar leaving at 13:36 in London Waterloo. Now my
> problem is: How do I get from Edinburgh to London in time? Could please
> someone living in the UK, who knows the system better, help me out with
> an affordable connection London - Edinburgh (on 2007-06-10, leaving not
> before 10:30) and Edinburgh - London (on 2007-06-24, arriving before
> 13:00)?

I think you'll need to get to London earlier than that on 2007-06-24 --
you're meant to be at the Eurostar terminal a bit early, and the
Eurostar terminal is in a different station from where you'll arrive
from Edinburgh.

The options I can suggest for now would be using the sleeper train, see
http://www.firstgroup.com/scotrail/content/caledoniansleeper/index.php
http://www.seat61.com/CaledonianSleepers.htm

or an overnight coach, e.g. http://www.megabus.com/uk/ which will
probably be cheaper.