Re: [Debconf-discuss] Re: [Debconf-announce] DebConf7 registration/sponsorship/CFP deadline

Holger Levsen <debian@layer-acht.org> wrote: [...]
> Debian is not a european project. [...]

Of course, but we could expect that many people from Europe would
attend a conference in Europe, especially if there weren't things like
deadlines before sanely-priced rail tickets are on sale.

Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
> [..] Of course, it will go up/down a few dollars,
> which I'll probably end up absorbing if it's up, or not using if it's
> down, but I have a rough estimate. [...]

Sadly, the difference between open tickets (which can be bought now)
and advance purchase tickets (which aren't on sale yet) is not a few
dollars. For example, a London-Edinburgh Standard-class Open Return is
GBP 232.  Advance purchase tickets for that could cost GBP 25,
according to seat61.  It will probably cost something between the two.

(And Christian Perrier's question: the cheapest(+slowest!) tickets
from London to/from Heathrow and from Edinburgh airport to/from
Edinburgh come to 13 quid and there's also 20 quid in Air Passenger
Duty... more expensive already, even without the flights!)

Hope that explains,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble.