Re: [Debconf-discuss] Re: [Debconf-announce] DebConf6 DVDs available

On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 07:16:23PM -0500, Victor Martinez wrote:

>>[1]
>>http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2006/debconf6/CREDITS
>
>For some strange reason, when I attempt to download with wget I got only
>
><http://ociologia.org/debconf6-dvd-1.0.1-en-1-ntsc.iso>debconf6-dvd-1.0.1-e..>
>20-Oct-2006 19:00   248M
> <http://ociologia.org/debconf6-dvd-1.0.1-en-2-ntsc.iso>debconf6-dvd-1.0.1-e..>
>20-Oct-2006 19:25   346M
> <http://ociologia.org/debconf6-dvd-1.0.1-es-ntsc.iso>debconf6-dvd-1.0.1-e..>
>20-Oct-2006 19:31  1245M
>
>248MB for dvd1 and 346MB for dvd2, spanish dvd, completes... wonder
>if only happens to me (I have tested on 3 machines on 3 different networks)

Don't use wget to download DVD images, it doesn't work for file sizes
larger than 4GB. Use curl instead. See:

  http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#small-dvd

"It's actually quite entertaining to watch ag129 prop his foot up on
 the desk so he can get a better aim."          [ seen in ucam.chat ]