Re: [Debconf-discuss] list of valid documents for KSPs (was: Please revoke your signatures from Martin Kraff's keys)

Steve Langasek dijo [Sat, May 27, 2006 at 02:12:48PM -0700]:
> On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 05:28:35PM +0200, Filippo Giunchedi wrote:
> > Is there a list of official documents (with photos) that we can consider
> > acceptable for a KSP?.  If there's not we definitely need one.
> > However this is rather tricky because the list itself should be authenticated
> > somehow, with a (gpg)signed photo of the person in charge for it? It seems clear
> > that having the list somehow authoritative creates a chicken-egg problem.
>
> Not meaningful.  Individual KSP participants are still free to apply their
> own personal standards for ID verification; attempting to "standardize" them
> likely just means fewer KSP participants in the future.

There is something, though, that I think would be a worthy addition to
future KSPs, if we continue to hold them: Many of us have our photo as
part of our key. Maybe if the printed sheet was not plain-text but
included those photos that are available, it would be at least a
slight improvement?

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23