Re: [Debconf-discuss] Re: Please revoke your signatures from Martin Kraff's keys

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On 25 May 2006, Stephen Frost verbalised:
>
> > * Manoj Srivastava (srivasta@debian.org) wrote:
> >> Explanation? What we have here is an act of bad faith, in the guise
> >> of demonstrating a weakness. In my experience, one act of bad faith
> >> often leads to others.
> >
> > pffft.  This is taking it to an extreme.  He wasn't trying to fake
> > who he was, it just wasn't an ID issued by a generally recognized
> > government (or perhaps not a government at all, but whatever).
>
>         If you think an ID from a place that issue you any ID when you
>   pay for it is valid, I probably will not trust a key signed by you,
>   and I would also suggest other people do not.

The previously mentioned blog entry by someone claiming to be Martin
Krafft claims that the unofficial ID presented for this person was
issued based on an existing passport and not only his claimed name.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
I'm always amazed by the number of people who take up solipsism because