Re: [Debconf-discuss] KSP post-mortem: why I won't be able to sign some keys

Hi,

On Thursday 25 May 2006 19:49, Manoj wrote:
> > After a talk about the problems with gpg's web of trust at 22C3
> > (e.g. in what do you put trust when you sign a key? the person being
> > the person or her/his ability to keep his private key private or his
> > ability to sign other peoples keys ?
>         Lacking proper psychic abilities, I can't honestly give my
>  word on the latter.

It's much simpler: even the smartest and most careful people do make mistakes
sometimes. Nobody can be sure, that someone wont make a mistake in future.

>         I have never signed anything in reality. It is either a
>  computer, or a pen, doing the "signing". Do you have a point about
>  people being poor at any form of signing if no tools are used?

No. But I do think Enrico has a point playing the devils advocate :)
More seriously I do think there is a big difference between your (or my)
signature made by a pen or a computer...

regards,
	Holger

btw, please don't cc: me, I read the list.