[Debconf-discuss] Withdrawing from Keysigning

Hi,

        I regretfully announce that I am withdrawing from the
 key-signing.  There have been too many anomalies in this event,
 starting with a potential problem with people not having a trusted
 printout of the keys participating, and now a deliberate attempt to
 game the system by presenting a fake ID at an event where atention
 may flag and exhaustion set in at the tail end of the event.

        Also, my decision to suspend my normal key signing protocol in
 order to facilitate a quicker KSP (namely, suspending my requirement
 of two photo ID's, and exchanging secrets at that time) was probably
 a mistake.  I have decided rather than spuriously extend the web of
 trust with my signature on a key that did not actually belong to the
 person in question dues to such a relaxation in my private protocol,
 I am withdrawing from the KSP at this point.

        I apologize to the people who had to spend time having me
 examine their documents, and I thank those who have signed my key,
 and I apologize again for them not getting my signature on their
 keys.

        manoj

--
Reality -- what a concept! Robin Williams
Manoj Srivastava   <srivasta@acm.org>  <http://www.datasync.com/%7Esrivasta/>