Re: [Debconf-discuss] washing clothes at the vaction complex

Ted Walther wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 02:42:37PM -0500, Graham Wilson wrote:
> >I'm not sure if this is mentioned anywhere, so I figured I'd ask here.
> >I'll be at both debcamp and debconf, so I'll be down in Mexico for a bit
> >over two weeks. Will there be anywhere to wash clothes in or around the
> >vaction complex, or should I try to pack two weeks worth of clothes?
>
> Something also not mentioned, which last years FAQ discussed, is the
> sleeping arrangements.
>
> Do we need to bring towels?  Blankets?  Will we be able to take showers
> for free?  Is the running water restricted to certain times of day?
> What sort of telephone service is available?  Can we make international
> calls or do we have to bring our own cell phones?

Vacation hotels often have available towels for guests, I wouldn't
expect to be different in Oaxtepec. I also think that they will change
the blankets from beds everyday, and yes, I bet you can take a shower
for free, anytime.

All around Mexico you can get Telmex phone booths, even in the smallest
and poorest towns around, you can find them on some restaurants, on
bathroom lobbies, on airports, anywhere (I was a bit dissappointed in
Helsinki because trying to find a public phone was a PITA), but you have
to get a Ladatel card which you can buy in most of the stores (at least
in Oxxos and 7-11's, which are 24x7). You can get Ladatel cards for 30,
50 or 100 pesos. The cost per minute for a local call is 1 peso, 4 pesos
for a national long distance, 5 pesos for a call in the US or Canada, 10
pesos to Central America, 20 pesos to Europe, Africa and South America
and 25 to the rest of the world. 3.24 pesos for a local call to a mobile
phone. Or you can talk to the operator and charge the call to the
destiny by no price at all in the card (I think you don't even need a
card to do that).

Cheers,

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net>   |  http://www.damog.net/