[Debconf-discuss] Scheduling of BoFs

I learned a few days ago that BoFs are not being scheduled through COMAS
this year.  This concerns me greatly, and I don't understand the
reasoning behind it.

It seems that people who wish to organise a BoF, such as myself
(actually I wanted to give a talk, but that's another story), are being
expected to find interested people in advance and work out a time by
themselves.  This might work, but I think this needs to be announced
explicitly so that organisers have a chance to do so.

Even so, I feel that this will be a much less effective way of
scheduling things - people are likely to miss BoFs that they would have
been interested in due to not being aware of them or missing the
scheduling discussion, and BoF organisers will lack the overview of
available resources that I assume is available to conference organisers.
I suspect that the lack of central scheduling information about BoFs is
going to mean it hard for the video team to cover them well.

I would appreciate some advice or explanation of how BoFs are supposed
to work this year.  If there is to be no official scheduling then I
intend to set up a wiki page for the purpose.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
friends: People who know you well, but like you anyway.