Re: [Debconf-discuss] Re: [Debconf-announce] List of talks / -announce list

ti, 2006-01-10 kello 12:06 +0100, Joerg Jaspert kirjoitti:
> On 10529 March 1977, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> > out. Thanks.
>
> Hey, calm down, there is no problem. :)

Sorry for being so annoyed. While I think the subscription shouldn't
have happened, I should have been more polite while saying it.

> > Also, it should definitely be enough to follow the list through the web
> > archive. Forcing people to get e-mail is unnecessary.
>
> a.) Its a *low* traffic list, so there isnt that much mail. For its
> whole lifetime it had *3*mails now...
>
> b.) Its a must for all debconf-people, speaker, organizer, participant,
> to be sure to get important info to them. (Thats why its so low
> traffic). Unfortunately that may mean a double subscription if the
> registration address is something different from the normal address one
> uses. But thats easy to fix if they simply send me a mail or a msg on
> IRC.

I agree that it is an important list, but I disagree that forcing
subscriptions on people is the best way. As an analogy, Debian
developers are required to read debian-devel-announce, but they may do
it via any means they prefer, they don't need to be subscribed
(especially not via an address specified by the project). This is a much
nicer way of doing things.

Anyway, no harm done. Let's have a good conf.

--
The most difficult thing in programming is to be simple and
straightforward.