Re: [Debconf-discuss] Re: [Debconf-announce] List of talks / -announce list

On 10529 March 1977, Lars Wirzenius wrote:

>> And the second thing: As the -announce list is mandantory for everyone
>> (attendee, speaker, organizer), i just made a mass subscription and added
>> everyone registered in comas or one of the other lists to -announce.
> Well, thank you, now I'm subscribed twice.

Yes, may happen.

> out. Thanks.

Hey, calm down, there is no problem. :)

> Also, it should definitely be enough to follow the list through the web
> archive. Forcing people to get e-mail is unnecessary.

a.) Its a *low* traffic list, so there isnt that much mail. For its
whole lifetime it had *3*mails now...

b.) Its a must for all debconf-people, speaker, organizer, participant,
to be sure to get important info to them. (Thats why its so low
traffic). Unfortunately that may mean a double subscription if the
registration address is something different from the normal address one
uses. But thats easy to fix if they simply send me a mail or a msg on
IRC.

--
bye Joerg
Some NM/AM:
>> 24. What does the "urgency" field in changelog affect?
> The order in which updates are displayed in tools like dselect, synaptic,
> aptitude, etc.
nice try. :)