Re: debconf5 - videos of the talks and BOFs available

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:31:54 +0200, Scott M. Dier <sdier@cs.umn.edu> wrote:

I want to thank the team again, the quality is above andbeyond anything I could have expected.

 Good.  I considered the technical quality satisfactory
(i.e. slides were legible most of the time, the sound was
quite clear, the cameras gave a reasonable coverage), I
would rather not settle for less.  That said, I think we
did a good job.

 Improving the image quality is a matter of throwing more
bits and CPU time at it, as the raw DV was considerably crisper.
Getting better and more even sound would be much harder.
 Maybe cropping and sound level adjustment after the fact is
something we should expect as a necessity?  I would love to get
videos where _all_ the remarks and questions from the audience
were audible.  That is quite impossible to accomplish during a
live mix.

 Hm... Time to shut up.  I am setting up next years video team
for a massive workload...

Were there costs incurred by the video team that nee to be defrayed?

 Personal expenses or purchases made on the video team's request?
My personal expenses were neglible.  The gear I bought before DC5
was intended for long term use, not just Debconf.

 It may be good to detail them on the site, possibly,so people can help make sure its all paid for.

 Some cables and tapes were purchased, and food was provided to the
video team in the CSD.  This was taken care of by the organisers.

--
Herman Robak