Re: Multiple subkeys and the key signing party

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 04:32:05PM +0300, Simon Richter wrote:
> A word of caution to people using GPG smartcards: gpg 1.2.x with x <= 6
> will encrypt to your authentication key if it is newer than your
> encryption subkey. So when generating keys, create the auth key first or
> expect pain when adding one (you'd obviously have to re-crypt all the
> data that is encrypted with it)

I don't have an authentication key, so I'm thankfully not hit by that
problem. :-) I'm sort-of considering just revoking my encryption subkey, but
doing that sort of stuff just to work around what I consider a bug in GnuPG
is kind of ugly, and that kind of cruft tends to accumulate over the years...

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/