Re: Airport buses

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 08:01:28AM +0100, Peter Karlsson wrote:
> Everyone seems to be leaving by taxi, but since I'm planning on going
> to Helsinki between checkout from the hotel and check-in to the flight
> tomorrow, I was wondering about the airport buses (or trains, if there
> are any?).

Trains would be a bit tricky since you would need to change one more time to
a local bus in Vantaa. Not recommended.

> In downtown Helsinki, where do the airport buses depart from?
> The bus terminal (Kamppi) or the railway station?

Airport buses (615, 615T and 615N) depart from the railway station (east
side at Rautatientori/Järnvägstorget to be exact). You can check the bus
stops at http://www.hel2.fi/HKL/suomi/03_kartat/laiturit/rautatie.html and
there is a figure of a plane on the correct bus stop (#10).

http://aikataulut.ytv.fi/linjat/en/s615.html

--
Tmi Juha-Matti Tapio    Puh/Tel. +358-50-5419230
Y-tunnus 1911527-0      Fax      +358-9-34756631