Re: Utnubu Team Founded - Merging Ubuntu changes to Debian

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Joachim Breitner wrote:

I invite everyone interested to join the Utnubu Team. Utnubu stands for
Great name for this! ;-)

doing what Ubuntu does, just the other way around: We want to take the
things Ubuntu does and that are missing in Debian, and - where
appliciable - put them in Debian.
I absolutely support the idea.  I recently wondered whether we could
write some tool which compares package names + versions from both
repositories and then looking up the diff archive Scott is kindly
providing.

I normally do not tend to speak up for a job if I'm not sure that
I can make it happen.  But I try to make up my mind how I can
support this because I regard it as very valuable.

I would like to point interested people to the debian-custom mailing
list because the debconf 5 list will be (practically) closed and
the debian-custom list is supposed (and was even accepted by the
Ubuntu people) to be used for these issues.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de