Re: AdHoc BoF: Ruby in Debian

Due to urgent business my whole Thursday was wasted, so I couldn't
react in time to the re-scheduling of the Ruby BoF, and by now I think
it's too late to complain. Still, since I'm going to miss it (I leave
Sunday morning), I'd like to register the points I wanted to discuss:

- can we help with or take over upstream of Ruby/DBI (I maintain the
package, but I'm too dumb and busy to do that myself)?
- should we/when will we phase out ruby1.6?
- scripting libraries and FHS: /usr/lib or /usr/share?
- packaging of rubygems
- packaging of rails

If you do discuss something from this list, please let me know what
you come up with.

--
Dmitry Borodaenko