Re: zeroconf

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 09:00:17AM +0300, Tommi Virtanen wrote:
> Jaakko Niemi wrote:
> >  If you have zeroconf installed or are going to install it,
> >  make sure you have at least version 0.6. More details at:
> >
> >  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=317655
> >
> >  Bitten us at least four times already.
>
> I've upgraded to 0.6, and just saw a 100% CPU using ARP flood
> on lo when I booted up. The fix might not fix anything, after all.

Well, if you check the script (/etc/network/if-up.d/zeroconf) it has:

# not on loopback
[ "X$METHOD" = "Xloopback" ] && exit 0

So if it occurs again, I'd be very interested in knowing more
information about your setup so things can be fixed.

Thanks,
Anand

--
 `When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to
  its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are