Re: Two minutes' silence ?!

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 12:02:31PM +0100, phil@hands.com wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 11:28:35AM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > I think this is a gross (and, from many points of view, grotesque)
> > overreaction.  Many people are killed for all sorts of reasons and we
> > don't do really anything about it let alone have an official `stop
> > everything' mark of respect.
> >

> Perhaps this is just a London thing, but I tend to agree.

Well, I'm a bit late reading my mail to have done anything about it,
but I'd say it's pretty much right. (And I used to live in London, but
don't any more)

This is capitulation to the terrorists, pure and simple. It's giving
them what they wanted.

Congratulations, whoever organised this: you have just justified the
killing of 49 people, and told the terrorists that they should do it
again. Your behaviour is grotesque and sickening.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |