Re: Two minutes' silence ?!

+++ Ian Jackson [05-07-14 11:28 +0100]:
> I think this is a gross (and, from many points of view, grotesque)
> overreaction.  Many people are killed for all sorts of reasons and we
> don't do really anything about it let alone have an official `stop
> everything' mark of respect.
>
> I would like not to participate, but it is unclear to me how I can do
> this without causing either too much practical disruption, or showing
> undue disrespect.

Well - said. I agree entirely. And when did the 'minute's silence' get
upgraded to two minutes? This could rapidly get very silly.

As Ian says this is cherry-picking of the most offensive sort. It is perhaps
understandable for londoners themselves, but for geeks in finland it seems
utterly inappropriate.

Wookey