Re: Two minutes' silence ?!

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:41:48 +0200, martin f krafft <madduck@madduck.net> wrote:

also sprach Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> [2005.07.14.1328 +0300]:
I think this is a gross (and, from many points of view, grotesque)
overreaction.  Many people are killed for all sorts of reasons and we
don't do really anything about it let alone have an official `stop
everything' mark of respect.

I see your point and don't really agree. But instead of attacking
your "no, I won't participate", I'll quote Enrico:

  "we should spend many more minutes in silence for all the others
  that get killed innocently"

 With all due respect, that does not scale too well.

 Enrico's comment might have been entirely rhetorical; a polite
way to lessen the importance of the two minutes of silence, without
offending anyone.  I don't know.

--
Herman Robak