Re: don't bring your APs to HEL

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 11:10:27AM +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:
>  Wpasupplicant is packaged in Debian and claims support of quite a lot
>  of Wireless drivers.  The biggest downside is that you wpasupplicant is
>  the one configuring your wireless interfaces, and not a configuration
>  provider (ie. it's not integrated in the Debian networking tools).

I use it together with ifplugd and have my network configurations in
/etc/network/interfaces. Only thing you'll have to setup separatly is
the encryption key, which is in /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf.

>  My personal experience is perfect support for ipw2200 drivers, and poor
>  support for madwifi, but this is probably a madwifi's drivers issue,
>  not a wpasupplicant one.

Works fine for me with madwifi. Only tried it with WPA-PSK so far
though. Also works for pure WEP.

You might need to load wlan_wep, wlan_tkip etc. manually though.

--
Peter Mathiasson, peter at mathiasson dot nu, http://www.mathiasson.nu
GPG Fingerprint: A9A7 F8F6 9821 F415 B066 77F1 7FF5 C2E6 7BF2 F228