Re: hotel choice dilemma for Branden and Michelle

ke, 2005-06-22 kello 18:03 -0500, Branden Robinson kirjoitti:
> Hopefully some of you folks local to Helsinki can make a recommendation.
> Will it be challenging or expensive to get between the Radisson SAS Seaside
> and HUT?

There is also the Radissons SAS Royal right next to the Helsinki center
bus terminal, which might be good to check also (I'm assuming you're
favoring that hotel chain for some reason). They might be more
expensive, however.

As far as I can see, bus 102 runs until 0:35 week days, 1:45 on
Saturdays, and 0:30 on Sundays. All buses should have a low floor and a
ramp to allow wheelchairs to easily get on and off (may need assistance
from the driver). See
http://aikataulut.ytv.fi/linjat/fi/s102.html (that *should* be valid for
the duration of the conf, Otaniemi being where Debconf is). That gets
you to the center of Helsinki, and then there's a bit further to go to
get to the Radisson SAS Seaside hotel. Total travel time about 30
minutes, if you leave at midnight, with not very much to walk. See
http://aikataulut.ytv.fi/reittiopas/en/ for an online route planner and
enter "Otaniemi" as the from and "Hakaniemi" as the to addresses. Gives
you buses, time tables and a map for each route.

The Debconf pages should have information about bus ticket prices. You
probably want a 10 day ticket, or such, which means a few euros per day.
Wheelchairs might travel free (baby carriages do).