Kayaks and canoes

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 01:05:06PM +0200, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Raymond Causton wrote:
>
> >I think there is some sort of canoo rental (http://www.bearwater.fi/)
> >across
> >the road from HUT/Otaniemi in Keilaniemi
>
> If this is true, I'd love to go paddling a bit. Anyone else interested?

Hi,

I can confirm that it is true and the surrounding area is actually quite
nice for exploring from a kayak or canoe.

The rental price of a kayak is 14 euros for the first 2 hours, then 3 euros
per additional hour, 29 euros / day, 88 euros / week. A canoe (if I'm not
mistaken canoe has an open top and kayak is the one with only the small hole
where you sit covering the rest with a rubber blanket to make it watertight)
costs 20 euros for the first 2 hours, 3 euros per additional hour, 35 euros
/ day, 120 euros / week. There are some other options (kayaks for two
people, fancier models etc.) too.

If there are many people who want to try and not necessarily all go at the
same time, the price becomes more reasonable if you rent a couple of kayaks
for e.g. one full day and change paddlers at the shore near the dorm
building which is about 1 km from the rental shop.

AJT

--
Arto Teräs <ajt@iki.fi> --- See http://ajt.iki.fi for contact info